Friday, February 5, 2016

Next Phase

Long time no write! It feels like forever. Last I was on a journey to make change and stand in my convictions. I was on this raging quest to have a voice and be creative. I would sometimes hold back thoughts and think to myself, "Shit I can't write that, people may think I'm really nuts". Then it would lead me to think, "Well then, what do I write?" So Here I am more than a year later with a lot to say. Never knew what I had coming to me back then.

How in the heck do I start? Well I lost my husband over a year ago to cancer. I gave birth several months before that, and now I'm well  on my journey of starting my own holistic health coaching practice for caregivers who work with people who are significantly sick or disabled. Basically CARE FOR THE CAREGIVERS.

Life has been both brutal and kind to me in many ways. When Scott died I was forced into a place where I had to practice some radical healing. I have never been a huge practitioner of the spiritual side of me, but geez did that change dramatically. Thinking about it now I wished I had done more of it in the past. But today is a new day, and I've made the courageous choice to fulfill an entrepreneurial dream that both Scott and I had when he was still around. To run a successful business that promotes health and wellness. How can it get any better than that! It's truly a way of healing for me for sure.

I am no different than a lot of you that has had to deal with grief/loss. I go through the pain, but I also feel the exhilaration to make waves in honor of him. It definitely helps that my husband was  the fearless entrepreneur type. Between the both of us, I was the meek introvert who was perfectly happy to be in the background of it all. I've taken so much from our time together and now I'm having all these thoughts and feelings that I have never ever thought I would have in a million years.

I'm fearlessly walking the walk and digging deep inside to answer by most burning call within me. That is to reach out to others. Hear many stories. To listen and dream with others as well. See Scott and I always knew deep inside that the only thing that really mattered was leaving an impression after your gone. But what I've learned up to now was that even with all the conundrum of our lives to "make it" in this world, buy a house, have a savings account, pay the bills on time, and build your credit, all of that stuff wasn't going to be what made you smile before you say your last good bye to all the people you love here on earth.

In the end for Scott, he understood everything and became his own little quiet happy Buddha as he exited this world. I saw this first hand and learned so much from it. From the beginning of our lives together, to the end of our physical presence in that room late that night.

It's learning to forgive when your being mistreated. Having to stand up when nobody will, and being the change you wish to see in this world. It's about checking your ego and letting things be as they are, all the while you demonstrate your strength through kindness. It also learning to trust yourself and forgive yourself on this journey. See there is no time like now. Right now we can choose to see things as they are and make change. There is no time other than the one time that was given to you right here on earth right now.

For me that is building this practice to walk with others in their journey. For you? What will that be? Now is your time.

If you know someone going through tough times regarding their health both mind and body please visit my website for more information and to get the conversation started. Peace and Love!

www.mindfullshift.com
To connect on my Facebook group click here  

No comments:

Post a Comment