Thursday, August 1, 2013

Leveraging your convictions

There is something very powerful about acknowledging not only your strengths but also the areas you need help in. When you cope up to your true abilities, you are taking one step closer to holistic success, and who doesn't want that. Keep in mind when I say holistic success, it doesn't mean you must be perfect, because you know there's no such thing. It means being honest and open to new possibilities. Owning everything about who you are the good and the bad. Could your world be a better place if you knew you couldn't fail? Could your loved ones live a different life, if you knew you could indeed help them?

So how could you turn your dreams into reality? That question is only answered by you and you alone. Your conviction is the only thing that will get you there. You've got be comfortable feeling a little bit uneasy and a perceived a little nuts, because it's your conviction and commitment that is going to get you one step closer to a clearer picture of your dreams. I don't believe in pessimism, I don't believe in shutting down possibilities. Because of this, I am still alive, became healthy loosing 31 lbs,  I have a wonderful partner in crime who loves me to death, I have a happy and healthy child with severe disabilities, and I am living a wonderful journey that is only going to get better.

I could have chose to stay down by the sexual trauma, emotional abuse, struggles as single parent with a child with severe disabilities, loosing family members, and being subject to many other forms of abuse and crimes. I could go on and on but my point is, I live my life and I choose to live a fulfilling one despite the pain I feel from time to time. Let's face it we feel vulnerable at times because we are human, we just don't necessarily process it the best way we can.

What if I told you that you can accomplish awesome and beautiful things and make your dreams a reality in your life without loosing who you are and what you love, would you honestly pass that opportunity up? Many become stuck right there because we fear the "hows" and the unknowns of what it takes to get there. This is the time where LEVERAGING YOUR CONVICTIONS come into play!

If you have passion and conviction. I mean true undeniable passion, you will stop at nothing until you have addressed what it was that is lurking in you. It's that conviction and strong passion that will hold you up, cuddle you and keep you warm in times of self doubt and fear. Your conviction, your "why" is your reason, your motive, your cause, and your drive that floats you right up to that next step.

Cigarette smokers: You know when you have that hankering for another puff?
Chocolate addicts: You know when you just HAVE to have that truffle and drive to the store just to get it?
Runners: You know when you just worked out or ran, you are so thirsty you just drank nearly half a gallon of water?

People where is your hankering, craving, or thirst for true fulfilling life? If it's a business you want running, or if it's a relationship you want to have, or wanting to start an organization, what ever it is.................why aren't you looking into it? Why aren't you taking steps? Just take the small steps if you have to, its also about the journey. You character must be built in order for you to be fulfilled. How satisfied would you feel if you were given everything you wanted. Do you know how awful and unfulfilled you would be?  Personally I like to walk the talk. My name is attached to this may I remind you :-)

Leveraging you convictions is a very powerful. Weather its for your personal life, financial, or business, it gives you a way and a map toward the goal.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment