Saturday, May 28, 2016

How mindfulness introduced Mr. Dreams and Ms. Reality together


There's nothing wrong with a little reality check when you've been dreaming up a storm trying to make things happen. Although it can feel like a sting from hell and a bitch slap in the face, it's more than okay to be in that state! In fact I would be questioning you if you say you never had a moment like that!

The golden nugget we all are reaching for can either blind us to our obstacles or make us extremely aware, so much that we carry them in our backs as we continue walking towards the end result. If you're someone who picks that shit up along the way, don't sweat it, you my friend just need a little mindset switch.

Here's the thing, the feelings you have about your reality has nothing to do with me or Jane doe down the street. Whatever is going on outside of you, can only be interpreted by you within you! Get that? In a nutshell it isn't  your reality, but your perception of reality. Should I re-write that again?

We all walk around in this multidimensional layer of perception and reality everyday. Unless we utilize the power of language in our environment and mastering our mind, we can never really assume much, other than how much of an ASS we're acting. :-) 

For example, I had a goal set to achieve pertaining to my business. As I'm taking actions, I start to see questionable events that made me 2nd guess myself. As I felt the stinging and confusion, I had to learn how to "still" my brain to see what my next action should be. I meditated, I sat quietly, I didn't really allow myself to become distracted. I wanted to get to bottom rather than wasting time trying to bury any feelings of unease. I wanted to get rid of it. So there I sat! Eventually I was being tugged by my 2 year old to go and play cars! So I did, I was present for my son despite, my unease.

You cannot control what is around you, but you can surely be master of your own mind and change direction.

The thing is, If I didn't possible misjudgment could have made me quit or take on negative thoughts to what I was doing. I didn't want that. A couple of hours later I realized everything was going to be okay no matter what the results.  I love the saying that Wayne Dyer mentions in his talks about "Having a mind that is open to everything and attached to nothing", it's so very useful. You cannot control what is around you, but you can surely be master of your own mind and change direction. In my situation, I was worrying for no reason because later that day my goal was finally achieved. I just misinterpreted what the hell was going on! The funny thing is, remember when I just sat and processed? Well I had already felt peace with what I thought might be happening, so I entertained another wonderful possible direction that I was equally excited about. Talk about living in abundance! I had something great going on in one hand, with another great idea sitting there on the other hand just patiently waiting for me when I needed it! THIS IS MINDFULNESS MY FRIENDS.  



My dear, don't let limiting thoughts get in the way of your true potential! Dream big and know your priorities. Having that moment everyday to staying mindful and quiet is a practice that can take you further than you thought. It will take you to peace when your trying to cope with the "shit" that happens along the way. These struggles are nothing but a way of understanding your true nature. Don't be afraid of it. Be kind to yourself, seek support when you can, but most importantly believe and trust in your inner heart to get through it. It's possible to close the gap between your dreams and reality.


No comments:

Post a Comment